
To dye wool with the green drink mix I took two cups of the mix and mixed it with half a glass of water. The water turned the color of the bottle label. That was exactly the color I was searching for a long time. It's the color of lime, lettuce and fresh spring greens.

I hand felted a piece of white wool using soap and hot water. To learn about hand felting techniques please refer to my earlier post about hand felting. While still wet I placed my felted piece into a plastic container with the green drink mix and heated it in a microwave. Be careful not to overheat the wool as it can get burned. Normally I'll just wait for the whole thing to start boiling and take it out of the microwave. Then I let the piece dry somewhere.

When all my pieces of wool are dry it's time to turn them into something wearable. To create my brooch I first hand felted white wool, dark green wool and wine colored bead. Then I hand crocheted the base and colored white wool with the lime green drink mix. When all the pieces were dry and ready to use I assembled the brooch and attached a pin at the back. The lime colored wool looks beautiful and bright. I'm now anxious to hand felt a scarf and color it green!
Beautiful greens! I love that color!
ReplyDeletewonderful color!
ReplyDeletevery interesting! Beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool idea! I never would have thought to dye that way. The felted flower is so pretty. LOVE the lime color.
ReplyDeletexo,
melissa
Nice color and great solution!
ReplyDeleteSound's interesting..Thanks for sharing..
ReplyDeletehttp://www.raymeds.com/