Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A green dragonfly in the Fan

I accidentally noticed this beautiful emerald green dragonfly in our front yard in the Fan, Richmond, Virginia. It was very calm and tranquil so that I could rush back home to grab my camera and be back in time to take a good shot. I actually like this combination of emerald green with green background and a few black spots on dragonfly's tail (I'm not sure it's called "tail" though). I wish someone could tell me how this beautiful creature is called!
green dragonfly

8 Comments:

Beautyland said...

Cute! I love green color!

Fine said...

Such a nice story!

SocksAndMittens said...

Wonderful photo, Tonya!

Katrinshine said...

Wonderful!! Photo and dragonfly!!

blueberrycream said...

Beautiful photo!

AlMcLeary said...

Wow, What a great shot - glad you were able to capture it

Amy said...

Pretty picture - but it's not a dragonfly, it's a damselfly.

Kristen Guerra said...

This is a dragonfly. Damselfly's rest with their wings laying down next to their bodies. Dragonfly's cannot. Plus Dragonfly's eyes are separated and damselfly's eyes are right next to each other.